The 2020 OLA Conference will take place at the Riverhouse on the Deschutes Hotel & Convention Center in Bend. See the location on Google Maps.
The convention center is south of the hotel, across Northwest Mount Washington Drive. A walkable underpass connects the two areas.
Call 1-866-453-4480 or visit this unique booking link to reserve your room at the Riverhouse on the Deschutes at the OLA conference block rate. The block rate applies from April 28 through May 3, 2020.
The hotel has seven ADA rooms. Four are located in the Sagebrush/Three Sisters building, and three are in the Steelhead building. Guests must request one of these rooms when making reservations.
Golf carts will be available during the conference to provide courtesy transportation between the hotel and the convention center across the street.
Travel and Transportation
Bend is an approximately 3-4 hour drive south of Portland or east of Eugene. In late April and early May, the highways through the Cascade mountains might be slick with snow or rain. Consult the ODOT Trip Check for current weather and traffic conditions.
Cascades East Transit provides public transportation within the city of Bend, with limited routes to and from other Central Oregon cities.
See the options for included lunches and hosted dinners on the Menus page.
Please note that conference attendees cannot bring food from other restaurants into the Riverhouse.
Walking time estimates below are calculated by Google Maps, assuming a starting point of the Riverhouse hotel.
- Currents at the Riverhouse
- Shari’s Cafe and Pies (2-minute walk)
- Round Table Pizza (3-minute walk)
- McKay Cottage (5-minute walk — A local favorite!)
- IHOP (6-minute walk)
- Subway (7-minute walk)
- Natural Grocers (3-minute walk)
Local Attractions & Events
- Visit Bend: Find information about local points of interest and events.
- A Novel Idea: In the grand finale of Deschutes Public Library’s annual Novel Idea program, author Anne Griffin will present on Sunday, May 3, at 4:00 p.m. at Bend High School. A book signing will follow Griffin’s presentation.
- First Friday Art Walk: The monthly First Friday Art Walk will take place May 1. Downtown Bend will be extremely crowded with pedestrians and vehicles, so the conference committee recommends staying in the vicinity of the Riverhouse that evening.